Most individuals that see a Psychologist have previously discussed it with their GP. By booking an appointment with your GP, Psychiatrist, or paediatrician, you might be able to receive a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP). A MHCP allows you to access Psychological services at a significantly reduced cost. Most individuals are able to access up to ten reduced sessions in a calendar year.
Our fees are significantly less than the Australian Psychological Society’s recommended fee schedule. A standard consultation typically goes for 50 If you minutes and is an out of pocket expense of $45, if you are using a Mental Health Care Plan. If you are concerned about the cost of accessing services, please feel free to discuss the fees and rebates when you make your appointment.
Albury Wodonga Psychology Services are able to work with your private health insurance in order to provide you further rebate, if this is applicable to your circumstances. If this is the case, please notify your treating clinician at the time of consultation.
When you visit your doctor you will need to have your treating Psychologists’ name, address, and fax number on hand so your doctor can make out the referral. If you do not have a regular GP, we can refer you to a GP within our network.
The following terms apply to fees at this practice:
- Medicare card holders with a Mental Health Care Plan are entitled to a rebate of the majority of the fee for up to 10 sessions per calendar year. The fee is $130 and the rebate is $84.60, making a gap of $45.00.
- Concession card holders and those going through financial difficulties may be eligible for a reduced fee.
- Session costs can also be offset against Private Health Extras Cover and rebates vary according to your level of cover. We work with all private health funds.
- If you are covered by TAC & Victims of Crime there is generally no out of pocket cost.
- Clients with other medical conditions may be eligible for a further 5 sessions at the end of the 10 initial sessions under the Chronic Disease Management Scheme with Medicare.
We require 48 hours notice to reschedule or cancel a session without occurring any fees. This policy is in place to allow us to offer the allocated time to another client who may be on a cancellation or waiting list for an appointment. In the event that less that 48 hours notice is given to cancel an appointment or a scheduled appointment is not attended, the consultation fee may be charged unless there are extenuating circumstances. Medicare does not cover cancelled appointments.
A late cancelled appointment is a loss to three people:
- The client who is delaying their therapy progress
- Another client who has is on the waiting list to see the psychologist urgently
- The psychologist who spent the morning preparing for the session